You might be wondering, why do this? You’re not going to sleep in January! And I agree, it will be a monumental task, but we’re up to it and this is why:
- To say thank you to the gymnastics community for helping make Gymnast Care a leading expert on gymnastics injury in 2011
- Because young athletes need to be protected and learn the importance of good nutrition
- To help launch our new online nutrition solution Stay Fueled
It can be difficult to meet the demanding nutritional needs of a growing child or teen and even more difficult when that child or teen is an athlete. An under-fueled gymnast will feel hungry and/or tired at various times in the day and this affects both school and practice. When a gymnast runs low on fuel or liquid it prevents her body from recovering from the practice the day before. This prevents her from building muscle and also greatly increases her risk for injury in the gym.
Keeping young athletes safe, fueled, and properly hydrated takes planning! Parents and athletes must work together to plan reliable and ongoing access to meals and snacks and we are here to help. Stayfueled.com will create a customized meal plan for you based on your athlete and families’ needs and preferences.
Keep your athletes protected and as we know, Performance increases when athletes are properly fueled!
If you want to join us for our free nutritional solution this January, this is what you can expect:
- Two, 15 minute one-on-one counseling sessions
- Access to our state of the art online meal and snack planning, grocery list, and nutrition tracking solution for female athletes, StayFueled.com
- Reach our team 24/7 by both email and phone
- Our nutritionist will design any special meal plans including allergies, preferences like vegan or vegetarian, and likes and dislikes
- Work with athletes to develop nutrition for their specific goals